Wednesday, June 27, 2012

what i wore this week {trying new things}

wondering what this series is about? read here to find out more… :)

Summer is heating up here in Texas, and I think my days of jean wearing are officially over for a while.  While the heat is nothing compared to last summer, 102 still feels pretty hot! :) 

But I managed to get one last jean wear in:


I wore my $7 7 for all Mankind A-pockets with my $9 Gap tank, along with my beloved Giani Bini sandals {$28}. Oh my goodness, I've worn them out completely {could you tell by the number of posts they appear in?? ha!}. After two years, the heels are coming up, and the straps are loose. 

Luckily I found a pair on clearance to replace them this week! :)
{side note- if you're looking for winter shoes, the best clearance is happening on boots right now!}

I've actually been doing a little shopping lately, and I've found a few cute things at Ross, Marshall's, and Target- my three favorite retail stores by far!

Here are my old favorite shoes with a new Target dress:


I ordered this Target dress online, and scored it for $26 on sale. I loved it- I think it will probably replace this one

It's actually too big {in the chest area, ahem}, but I love it so much I was thinking about altering it. 
For now the belt will do:


{I can so see it with my riding boots when the fall comes, can't you? ahhh!}

And this week I tried to get out of my comfort zone and try one of the ever popular wide-neck cropped box tops from Marshall's:

sandals: $4, thrifted/ capris: $6, thrifted/ shirt: Marshalls, $13/ earrings: $2
I liked this one because it wasn't too wide like some tops are {and of course, because it was cream, lace and bright coral!}:


 And I loved this $10 color-block mini-dress from Ross but I had to add my own twist to it:


I added a $2 vintage slip to my dress to take it from mini to regular. :P 

And it's completely hilarious to me that my husband totally loves this bright orange dress. I never expected that!

My bracelet and thrifted shoes were $10 together, so my entire outfit total came to $22! And half of it was retail! :D

But the deal I got on this beauty puts my outfit total to shame. {read all about it here!}

linking up at the pleated poppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment