Monday, November 18, 2013

do, read, learn, be goals + menu plans this week

I feel determined to at least make a list first thing this week {even if it doesn't get done! :P}. I started it last week and never even looked at it again. So here are my goals for this week:


do:
  • nurse baby every 2.5 hours, hold him 75% of my waking hours, and change 10 diapers a day {not on my to-do list but I decided it totally should be so I can cross it out!}
  • make butter with kids as an experiment- we will use the mixer and do one jar by hand for fun
  • make 5 minute artisan bread to go with the butter :D 
  • sort through final bin of winter clothes from the attic
  • work on blog project
  • answer emails waiting 
  • exercise 5+ hours/teach fitness classes
  • help husband with a DIY project {this includes me moving stuff out of his way so he can work... because I'm not skilled in the saw/hammering dept.... hahah}
  • pray for people to invite to our feast
  • print pictures for frame
  • take vitamins every day

read:

learn:
  • Proverbs 15:1: I already know this one but we are all learning it together:

print it here

be:
soft-spoken: I want to make an effort this week to keep softening my words. I've definitely worked on this in the past, but it comes back and I have to do it all again, you know?  Some days I feel like I am barking orders and I want to be able to be less sharp in my speech with my family.

I've felt extra tired over the last couple of weeks and I've had some kind of respiratory bug that I've been fighting, so it's been more difficult than normal to be patient. We're also in day 44 of homeschooling so school is getting more intense too- all more ways to show me I'm in need of help in this area. :) I know the Lord is good, and the Holy Spirit will help me do it! :D

free printable drlb worksheet

menus this week {I try to keep it really simple around here!}: 

dinners:
beans and rice x 2
food network lemon basil potatoes
freezer meal
fish and lemon basil red potatoes {new recipe to try this week- I have basil I need to use}
meal out
grilled cheese sandwiches and soup
quick and easy veggie chili and rice

lunches:
sandwiches, carrots and pita chips
salads
chicken and rice {me}
easy dog pizzas
leftovers

breakfasts:
cereal
fruit
oatmeal


I'm so thankful that I get the chance to make dinner for my family. I'm so thankful to be able to afford the foods that we have and that I can live in a warm house. It is a sweet gift from the Lord. And getting to make goals is like icing on the cake. :)

What are your goals this week? :)


Ever tried basil potatoes?


Do you have any tips for making homemade butter?


No comments:

Post a Comment