Thursday, December 19, 2013

thrifty outfit: dressy bright peacoat steals

It feels like it's been forever since I've shared a thrifty outfit! I have to admit, this one isn't as much an outfit as a single thrifty item, but I still couldn't wait to tell you about it. :)

We've had some very cold days here in Texas, so I've been more than happy to be able to wear this bright GW/Old Navy peacoat lately:

scarf, American Eagle, old; boots, Frye birthday present {on clearance! :D}
My coats have always been hip-length or above, so I had no idea how much I would love a long coat.  After wearing this sweet little number a few times, I'm officially hooked on longer length coats. I can't believe the difference they make in warmth!  :D

I love the saturated color- I'm not sure I've ever owned such a bright coat, but it is so fun to wear! I found it at a Goodwill in Dallas the last time we went in October.


It fit a little better when I tried it on in October {it's a bit too big now}, but for $9.99, I'm okay with that. :D $5 would have been a steal, but it was Goodwill, not a garage sale, so you have to pay for convenience every now and then. ;)

Fuchsia {or is it magenta? what do you think?} peacoats for less than $10= still a win in my shopping book! :D


Ever owned a bright colored coat? 
I usually go for black or gray, but I'm loving this one!

What does a coat go for at your thrift store?
We found a wool one for Rob I'll tell you about another time, and it was brand new for $7! I once got a brand new leather coat at GW for $5!!!

Best thrifty deal you've found lately? {I need details!! :D}

No comments:

Post a Comment