Monday, March 17, 2014

a very good weekend: the maker's market, the best popcorn, and things I'm crazy about

You know it's going to be a good weekend when Friday starts with a garage sale. :) A local church hosted a Maker's Market where 100% of the proceeds went to missions and outreach. Could thrifting get any better than that?? :)


I bought this yellow frame with clips {from the handmade booth in the picture} for $10: 


Along with a potted flower and one of the best ideas I've seen in a long time- a painted baby jar full of popcorn with a heaping tablespoon of coconut oil: 


And now I'm officially addicted to this salted coconut popcorn. {For some reason, I'd never thought to put coconut oil in with the popcorn?!}. If you wanted to try it, I measured out the ingredients to estimate- it's about 4 tbs. of popcorn kernels to 1 heaping tbs. of oil. :)


And after thrifting, Friday gets even better when your little girls fill your window with this sweetness:



These little girls bring so much special joy into our house, I tell you. I think little girls were made to love on their mamas and daddies. I'm so thankful they're ours. :)

And of course, I had to remember this special moment by recreating it in a watercolor painting. ;) If had the skills like my girls Lindsay and Ruth, I wouldn't need an awesome iPhone app called Waterlogue to do it for me. ;)


I honestly have way too much fun with that app. ;) {I'm even thinking of printing this one for the wall!}

Our weekend festivities continued with much food, like this bread kit bread with cheddar cheese added on top. Oh my. Even overdone a little it was so good. 

\

And I made a BBQ chicken with spinach, and two more pizzas on Saturday night:


turkey pepperoni is the best.

I wasn't feeling the pizza {usually don't eat it too often anyway}, but I had a slice of the thin crust veggie one and I liked it okay. I find that I really prefer freshly made crust to pre-mades, though the Sam's crusts are far more convenient. :)

We ate lunch at a hamburger place with my dad on Saturday and then our favorite sandwich place with my in-laws on Sunday, so food and fellowship were definitely some of the highs of my weekend. :) That, and something else I hope to tell you about very soon. :P

And oh my goodness, I had to laugh because this pic represents Sunday morning at our house- the mascara gets put on in the car, and the baby's shoes never made it on to his feet at all. :) And big praise- even with the forgotten {and rarely used!} shoes, yesterday was the easiest Sunday morning we've had in a very long while. I seriously love those little kinds of surprises. :)


Thank you Father God for restful, happy weekends, and very good days in the midst of harder ones. :)

I'm praying that your week goes well! 


How was your Friday- Sunday? :)

Have you ever made coconut oil popcorn in the skillet? 
I know I'm so late to that game, but if you haven't you must! :)

What's your favorite bread topping?
If I ever eat at Subway, I order the three cheese italian bread kind of like the homemade version above. Next time I think I'm going to add a bit of asiago and garlic too! And I used to be on the fat-free wagon in my early 20's but now that I'm past 30, I'm in love with butter again. And fresh bread and homemade butter? Ridiculously awesome. My kids love the whipped honey too!

No comments:

Post a Comment