Thursday, July 3, 2014

our Ava girl is 5, our family birthday tradition + one of the best parenting moments yet

{easiest birthday breakfast ever- Cinnabon cinnamon rolls from a can :D} 
I can't believe she's already 5 years old! :)


We've been celebrating her birthday for the last two days! {perfect timing for my computer to be on the fritz, right? the answer is yes! ha! :)

We usually try to keep birthdays fairly simple around here. Our big tradition is that the birthday person gets to choose whatever they want to eat for dinner and dessert- the sky's the limit. 

Ava chose lasagna, so of course I made a big batch! :)


She also chose cake for dessert. I had this cake mix in the pantry and it turned very well, I think! The batter was thick and creamy, and the cake turned out to be very moist, indeed. :)


My favorite part of the whole day was seeing the children give Ava her gifts. They each selected a present for her and bought it with their own money. 


I have to say- seeing the children give out of their own hearts makes my mama heart swell with joy. It's so, so beautiful. It makes me wonder what the Lord thinks when His children give freely and in love. Thank you, Lord God for these little children to teach us.

 

Ava got to have lots of special time and outings with my family, and these friends came over to enjoy the lasagna feast! :D


We are very blessed to have this little princess in our lives. :D She is bubbly, full of life, and so smart. :) Every night she gives her daddy three kisses: one on each cheek, and then one on the forehead. :) She loves her family so very well.


We thank the Lord God for the five years He's given us, and pray the Lord blesses Ava with His merciful salvation and gives her a heart to be used for His glory! 

Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Psalm 127:3

No comments:

Post a Comment