Wednesday, July 9, 2014

you know it's going to be a good week when...

You know it's going to be a good week when:

1. Amazon accidentally sends you a box full of yummy gluten-free carbs and then tells you to keep them. :D


2. You see an animal you've never seen before in your whole life. God never ceases to amaze me. I don't know how I missed the lion monkey, but what an intriguing {and strange} little creature he is:


3. You are pushing around a stroller at the zoo with this view:

 

I remember taking Elijah to the zoo for the first time with my mother-in-law 10 years ago, and feeling my heart flutter at the realization that I'm really a mama now. 10 years and 4 more children later and I still get excited when I have a little one to push around. :)


4. And then you know it's a great week when your husband works miracles in your backyard. :) 


We had a really informal get-together for the 4th and it was so fun to relax out in the backyard! Instead of hamburgers, we had a potluck sandwich bar on the grill:


The kids loved it {and so did the flies! :P}. I didn't manage to get a picture of them all together, but in four families, we had 17 of our 18 children present! :)



5. You also know it's going to be a fun week when you get to go on a date with these guys, and get to have your very favorite salad:


6. And then when you visit the Asian food store, and they have kabocha squash in stock:


7. And then? When you get to visit Chuy's and this is fajitas for one:

I didn't eat it all, but I could have. :)
And the name of Jesus is prayed on the silverware package :D:


8. And I'm pretty sure it's an amazing week when you're on a date and your husband stops in the park to buy you an ice cream- but you know he really stopped mostly because he wanted to share the Gospel with the park vendor. :D  Oh, my heart. Thank you Father, for redeeming my husband three years ago.



The Lord has been convicting and moving us out of our comfort zone so much this year, and I can't wait to share more about it soon. :) Our God is doing such mighty things!! 

9. And that best part of the week might have been a close tie with this one- our little children wanting to learn how to share the Good News on their own:

 

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he that wins souls is wise. Proverbs 11:30

And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Matthew 4:19

Lord Jesus, may it be so in us. 

10. The good weeks and the bad weeks both come {one right after the other, in fact if your life is like mine?!}, and yet you know one thing will always be certain and unchanging:



For the LORD is good; 

his steadfast love endures forever, 

and his faithfulness to all generations. Psalm 100:5


How was your week? How has July been treating you? :)

Your favorite food lately?
I'm all in for fajitas, salads, and rare sweet squashes! At the moment, I am loving salad the most I'd say. It's so easy to eat them when it's hot outside. :P

Did you ever have a moment you really felt overjoyed to be a mama? :D



No comments:

Post a Comment