Thursday, August 7, 2014

going way, way back: my senior prom to 14 years later

Today, I'm going way, way back, to my high school banquet 14+ years ago. :) {I still can't believe it was that long ago!} We didn't dance at our Christian school {which makes SO much sense to me now that I'm old! ha!}, but we did have a banquet.

a big thank you to my friend Lonna for posting this oldie on Facebook! :D
How many people can say they went to their high school prom with the father of their children? :)

Back in 2000, he was 20, in college and drove a fancy silver new sports car, and I was a senior, 17, and excited about the prospect of college and life on my own. We had been friends for a few years at that point, and we both knew when we first started going out my senior year that we were looking for a future spouse. And of course, you know the story- a little over two years after this prom, I became his. ;)

Standing there at my prom that day, I wouldn't have guessed that in 14 years we'd have 5 kids, a very old house, 13 wildly reproducing molly fish, and a crazy fun life together.

This weekend we're celebrating our 12th {!} wedding anniversary, and I have to tell you: I'm continually amazed at the fact that I'm married to my high school sweetheart. :)

12 years later, it's still exciting. :) The Lord has been so kind to us!!



Happy {early} anniversary, baby! I love you like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment