Tuesday, September 2, 2014

$7 goodwill transformation + I came this close

I made a quick trip into Goodwill a couple of weeks ago for the first time in forever. I was excited to score this huge oil reproduction for $7:


For some strange reason the painting seemed really familiar to me. I'm definitely no art connoisseur, but the artist turned out to be a name I actually recognized: Charles Baskerville. He was a pretty well-known American painter! 

I kind of liked the yellow/green flower boy in a way, but decided I wouldn't be going with that combo anytime soon so I made it into a chalkboard instead:


I was happy with the new look, but I still need to work on my chalk-writing skills. ;)

Oh, and I have to tell you, while I was in GW I also spotted this dress and kind of fell in love.


Being married and all, I couldn't think of one good reason to buy a $99 wedding dress, ;) but this polka-dot tulle still called my name:


It was awesome. I didn't buy it, but I came this.close to nabbing it for one of my girls to use in 20 years. ;)


Have you found anything awesome at the thrift store lately?

Ever bought something 20 years in advance? 
Hey, people buy cemetery plots even earlier than that. ;) I might too if I could get a good deal!

What did you do with your wedding dress?
I still have mine in the attic. I can't bring myself to part with it! :) I would love one of my girls to wear it someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment