Friday, March 30, 2012

the original food diet | "the rules"

Whole, real, unprocessed food.

Food you could grow yourself.

Food God created for us to enjoy.

Starting April 1, that's all I will eat for 40 days.


In case you might have missed last Friday’s announcement, I've decided to go crazy and conduct an experiment on myself! :) I'm going to change my diet significantly for the next few weeks.

It's going to be a big deal for this food-lover! I have no idea what will happen, but I'm hoping to see all kinds of benefits in my body and mind.

Today I'm setting up the "rules" for my experiment! I'm so, so excited. This is something I've dreamed about doing for many years, and I can't wait to see what happens!

Here's the deal: I'm going to eat natural food. I'm going to eat only the foods from the ground that God made, and I'm going to try to eat them in their original form.

 

the theory behind this experiment

Here's what I'm thinking... if we were to step back into the garden of Eden, and we had all of the food God made at our fingertips to eat, what would our health look like? How much are we really affected by what we eat now?

And what were we originally intended to eat before the fall of man? Definitely not meat, right?

What do we know God provided for them to eat in that perfect place? For sure? Plants- fruit from the trees.

Genesis 1:29-30 tells us what humans and animals were originally given to eat:

29 And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. 30 And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so.

So that's what I want to eat too. Things that are from plants and tree yielding seeds. No meats. No dairy products. No eggs.

Crazy, right?


I know. It totally is! I've never done anything like this before. :)

 

We basically have the world's plants at our fingertips. We are abundantly blessed with tons of food choices here. We have more than enough options to eat a balanced diet. I decided that I’m going for it! It’s a little scary, but entirely possible!

 

the original food diet “rules”

I'm creating my own scheme of foods based on what I've studied. I'm calling it the "original food" diet. For 40 days, I’ll be following these guidelines for what I eat! :)

 

My allowed foods are any naturally occurring plant-based foods:

vegetables
fruit
legumes
whole grains
nuts
seasonings from seed plants

 

Foods I'll be avoiding: anything artificially or factory-created or any animal meat or animal product.

meats
bread
cookies
cereals
pasta
refined sugars
dairy
eggs
artificial sweeteners {this is huge for me!}

for those joining the challenge

I know some of you are planning to join me on this journey, and I couldn't be more excited to have your company! For those of you following along, I want to encourage you to make it personal- make it work for you.
 
There is no Biblical law that says you have to eat any certain type of food. There are no Biblical mandates about eating or not eating certain foods now. This is not right and wrong, this is an experiment for me just about choosing carefully what I add to my body. :)

I encourage you to study food and really think about what goes in, and decide what you will eat and not eat. :) I promise, I won't be upset if you eat pasta and cheese! This is just what I've decided to do for me. :D

 

what I’ll be sharing

My plan was to do this by myself, but my hubs started listening and reading about it, and he decided he's going to do it with me! Yay! So we will get a man's perspective and since he works out, he's going to do measurements to see how it works with muscle-building exercise, too!

I'll be tracking what I eat, and what I'm feeling, and how it's affecting my body and energy levels.  I'll be posting pictures of my meals, and I'll be sharing my favorite recipes along the way. I’ve created a pinterest board to share posts I love and recipes too. :)

I’ll be sharing my menu plan as soon as I can- but the really the whole idea is, if it’s from a plant with seeds, you can eat it. :)  {I’ll be saying goodbye to all of my favorite processed things in the next 48 hours! :P}

I’m so excited- just two days left! Are you going for it too? :D

 


don’t forget to enter the spring cleaning challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment