Monday, March 19, 2012

unexpected blessings

When my friend Erin from Two Story Cottage sent me pictures of quotes to write about for the Gathered Thoughts linky party, I was so excited to see this one! :)

I just love this quote:


It's so, so true. C.S. Lewis always brings it, doesn't he? :)

You know when you have this plan in your head, and when it doesn't turn out the way you think it should, you feel slighted, or wonder what you did wrong?

About seven years ago, we were sinking in debt, and we decided to put our house up for sale so that we could live closer to the city we worked in. 

We were trying to keep up with our credit card bills and car payment, and we had quite a bit of equity in our new home we wanted to pull out. That and spending less in gas money would keep us afloat for quite while according to our plans.

But our home didn't sell for months.

All that time, I was so upset because we needed to move in my mind. As soon as we could.

Yet thankfully, God, in His mercy, didn't let us move until months later. 

The reason? 

We sold our house the very month that we were eligible to avoid the massive capital gains tax. We'd needed every penny of the return on our investment, and God didn't allow us to sell our home until the very right moment.

Time after time this keeps happening in our life, and I've even started to make an effort to write these things down when they happen, because God is always bigger than my plans. My plans, my thoughts, are so small- so short-sighted, but He sees everything!

Isn't that the most comforting thing ever? God, our Lord, our Father, holds our future in His hands- and He reigns over all of it. And we can trust Him!! Our future is held in His Hands! He brings us blessings, not harm, no matter what we see on our end. He is so good to us!!

Oh, what a glorious thing. Thank you Jesus for being the I AM. You bring joy to Monday mornings, and to every part of our lives.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 
Jeremiah 29:11


Q: Does this happen in your life too? Do you remember a time when God brought greater blessing than you planned? 


You can check out more gathered thoughts over here:




No comments:

Post a Comment