Monday, April 2, 2012

the original food diet :: menu plans

Want to know more about the original food diet? Read more here!


Here's the menu plan for this week:

breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal w/stevia
lunch: beans {pinto or black} and salad {cabbage mix and tomatoes} with homemade vinegar dressings
snack: apple, or 1/2 cup oatmeal, or 1 medium potato {carbs for working out every day}
dinner: steamed veggies {asian or broccoli/cauliflower blend and garlic} and whole grains {either kashi 7-grain, quinoa, or rice}


I'm limiting the menu because I spent most of my day in the kitchen yesterday! :D And I think it's probably good to keep the menu simple so that my body can adjust to the sudden change. The easier, the better at this point. :)

The kids are actually kind of doing it with us. The foods we are eating aren't that different from what we ate before, it's just that they are all we eat now. So we're still serving meat for the kids, but they will eat the rice and veggies with us at dinner. They are asking lots of questions about food, which is awesome. :D

I'll be interested to see how day 2 goes! I'm teaching a class this afternoon and I'm curious to see how the new diet holds up to lots of exercising!


What are your favorite natural foods? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment