Friday, April 13, 2012

the original food diet | week 2 update + new recipe

Has it been 13 days already? Wow!

Since we’ve been on the original food diet for almost two weeks, I thought it was about time for a personal status update:

Mentally:

The diet is getting easier and harder at the same time. I like how I feel physically, but some days I’ve almost lost my joy in eating, and I’d rather not even eat than eat what I have to. It’s puzzling, because I really had no idea that I loved eating as much as I do. I enjoy food. I thought I loved veggies, but I don’t enjoy eating them all the time. So that’s been a challenge.

We ate regular food on Easter at our family get-together. We decided to eat what was served instead of eating separately. We felt it was more important to eat there and enjoy it than to refuse what was given to us and eat our own food. People and life before food. :) It was actually mentally tough to leave the diet behind on day 8, but we did for one meal.

Eating regular food did not feel the same to my body as what I’d been eating for a week. We had chips and dip, potato salad, and the hubs ate two hot dogs. I felt crazy full almost instantly, and Rob was starving after a couple of plates. :P We didn’t even eat again that day, and when we came home, it was back to the diet. {which I’m starting to feel is our new normal. We were happy to eat plants again!}

Physically:

I feel great most of the time. I had headaches for a few days, but they’ve gone away. I feel lighter, and I didn’t realize how full my stomach was really staying until I started this diet. I don’t eat as much now, and I don’t have blood sugar crashes anymore. When I need to eat, I just feel extremely tired {and usually not even hungry}. And I have to eat proactively more now than I did before.

Body changes:

Size: I haven’t noticed as much of a change in my body as my hubs, but I do feel slimmer, and lighter. I might have lost 1/2 of an inch around my waist, and maybe 1-1.5 lbs. in 2 weeks but it’s hard to tell really, because it all varies so much through the week/month. Time will tell if the changes were merely a fluctuation.

Muscle: I really want to maintain my strength, so I’m interested to see what will happen as the diet goes on. So far I haven’t lost any muscle that I can tell.

Skin, hair, and nails: My skin looks better! My face looks smoother and shinier and I haven’t had a breakout in a while. I’m attributing it to all of the extra water I’m drinking, and the vitamins from all the veggies can’t hurt either, I’m sure. For the first time in my life, I’m eating nuts and avocados on a regular basis, too, so I think that might help the oil balance in my skin.

The man update:

In 13 days, Rob lost 6 lbs. and 2 inches in his waist. Unbelievable!

He’s also given up diet drinks cold turkey. He was consuming more than 100 oz. per day of them before we started. I’m so proud of him! He says he’s not hungry, and he loves the food I’ve been making him. {He looks amazing, and more cut than ever to me! He’s in better shape than he’s ever been, and the diet is showing that!}

Here’s his favorite recipe:

{I nicknamed it. heehee.}

{east} texas caviar

1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed {fresh- 2 cups}

1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed {fresh- 2 cups}

1 can corn, drained and rinsed {fresh-2 cups}

1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped

3 green onions, chopped

lime juice {3 limes}, dash of cayenne, garlic and salt to taste {be generous here!}

Combine all ingredients, and let marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Serve on lettuce or rice.

 

And my favorite new recipe I made up is pumpkin sauce {recipe coming soon!}:

And we love kale chips now too!

So far, this diet is difficult but worth it! We eat as much as we want, and our bodies are still changing. It’s a pretty great deal! It might be early to tell, but the original food diet seems like the magic “pill” everyone is searching for! It’s crazy!

How was your second week? Have you noticed any changes? I know some of you lost weight last week!! I’m excited to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment