Tuesday, April 10, 2012

what i wore this week {the blues edition}

wondering what this series is about? read here to find out more… :)

It’s been raining like crazy here in East Texas, but these days instead of the blues, rain brings happiness!

{It only took me 21 years to truly appreciate rain. It happened the summer we became homeowners at 21 and 24 and invested $200 in grass for the front yard with a rural {expensive} water supply!}

It rained on Easter, but we’ve all come to expect that here. {you Texans know what I mean!}. One year we even had snow {in Texas, in April!}. It was the year I made my first dress for Easter. And it was sleeveless. :P

The weather was plenty warm before the rain came last weekend though. It was a gorgeous Easter Sunday!

Okay, I found this dress way back in the fall, and I’ve been saving it for Easter! I couldn’t wait! :)

It’s from the Gap Outlet, and I only paid $17 for it. I love Gap clearance!

Paired with the $5 shoes, my entire Easter outfit only cost me $22. Whoop!

After family pictures, I wore this:

More blue… and patterns! My sneaky husband surprised me by snapping pictures. He’s so cute. :D

And speaking of blue and patterns…

I loved this outfit! The dress was from a clothes swap {free}, and I paired it with my $20ish cream Gap cardi and my standard leather pumps. {I told you a great pair of shoes and a good cardi will go a long way! :P}

And this was technically two weeks ago, but I never got around to posting it!

I’m in love with blue. Even bright blue. It’s not the neon of right now, but it’s plenty bright for me! {neon and redheads just don’t go together…}

And J. Crew has the best t-shirts. They are just right for my body! I loved my clearance shirt paired with my $2 Goodwill Gap skirt.

It’s fun to find things on sale or at the thrift store. Always pick what you like first, instead of just what’s trendy right? {that’s my motto!}

You know I love a good Target clearance {almost as much a Gap one anyway!}. That’s why I’m giving away a $25 Target gift card today!! You should be able to find at least 3 things on clearance for $25 there! :)

Go here to find out more… it’s only a one day giveaway, so don’t miss your chance! I hope you win!

Happy clearance hunting, my friends!

 

linking up at the pleated poppy for what i wore wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment