Tuesday, May 8, 2012

recipe: low- calorie pumpkin sauce


This is one of my favorite snacks these days! I have never loved pumpkin pie, but I LOVE this. It's so easy, and low in calories, and so good for you!

Here's what you'll need:


1 29 oz. can of pumpkin
1/2 cup of honey {more or less to taste}
dash of cinnamon
dash of ginger {optional- along with any pumpkin pie seasonings you like}

Stir ingredients together in a saucepan over low heat until warm. {do the same in the microwave}

Serve warm or chilled. I love it warmed. I portion out my pumpkin in a few 6-8 ounce containers for the week.  {not that it lasts that long! ;)}

It's so warm and filling! On this diet, I don't have to worry about calories because it's all real food, but I love this because it's good for you, and feels indulgent when you can't have a sugar-filled dessert. :D

Okay, so have you ever eaten pumpkin without the pie? Am I really weird? :P


check out: Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment