Friday, July 6, 2012

zucchini pizzas {recipe}

What do you do when you're blessed with a bounty of veggies like this?


You make individual veggie pizzas! :D


{to get an idea of how big these are- those are full-sized tomatoes and it's a full-sized plate! Talk about some mean zucchinis! :D}

My sister-in-law gave me the idea- she said she used their {super-sized!} garden zucchinis to make pizzas, and so I thought I would try to make our pizzas dairy-free. They ended up tasting just like lasagna or manicotti, which completely thrilled me anyway. :D

Instead of using dairy cheese, I used raw cashews for my rich fat. Let me tell you, raw cashew butter is the magic wonder of the vegan's diet. Raw cashews can be used as cheese or cheesecake {which is so incredibly good too, by the way!}.

All you need is large zucchini {or small}, sliced thinly lengthwise, raw cashew butter, and your favorite marinara and toppings!

Amounts of each are up to you- I liked an equal amount of marinara and "cheese" on my pizza, and my husband and I both agreed that the thinner the slice, the better the taste. :D

ingredients:


zucchini, thinly slices 
marinara or pizza sauce {pick a good one with lots of flavor! I made mine with all those fresh tomatoes.}, 1-2 tbs. per pizza to taste
raw cashew butter {roasted doesn't taste the same}, 1-2 tbs per pizza to taste
toppings: tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, etc.
garlic salt

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat your cookie sheet in oil. Take your slices of zucchini, and top them with your marinara, then spread over with cashew butter. Add toppings. {Don't worry about how pretty it looks. The taste will be the same! :D} Sprinkle with garlic salt if desired.

Bake slices for 10-20 minutes, until they are tender but not browned on the edges. Serve with a fork. And be shocked at how much they taste like lasagna! ;)

How do you like to use super-sized zucchinis? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment