Monday, October 15, 2012

the splendor of the king


In the last 29.99 years of life, I can count on two hands the times I've watched the sun rise. How is that even possible?

How could I miss this so many times?









It might have helped to see it from the 24th floor of a hotel, but I am completely in awe of what God does every single morning. He is so faithful- He makes the sun to rise every single day!! 

It's ridiculously amazing. And I am so very thankful that I was given the chance to see it like this.

I woke up at 6 this morning, and I more than happy to get up. :D I was hoping that I would get a chance to sit here and do this before we left:


The sun slowly crept into the sky, and the sheer majesty of the colors and the light coming over the earth reminded me of this:


Oh, the DAY there is no longer a need for the sun!! I can't wait for it!

The sun is so bright we cannot stare at it now. How much more will we be unable to stare at the glory of God Himself when He returns? Ahhhhhh!

No more night. No more sun. No more moon. Just Jesus!!! 

If the sunrise we have now is so very beautiful, can you even imagine what it will be like then?? I can't.

Oh, praise God!

Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God Almighty!

It's a beautiful new day. His sweet mercy has been given to us once again!

Will you praise His name with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment