Monday, December 31, 2012

my one goal for 2013 + planning goals in the new year


I'm just getting back from a little time away from everything- the hubs and I went to Hot Springs for three days while my mom kept the kiddos {thanks Mom!!}. It was so relaxing, but Rob and I both decided we missed the chaos a little bit. :) We were ready to come back home. We don't know how to sit still for too long. :)

But I can't say I'm quite ready for the new year. I keep wanting to think about setting a bunch of goals for the year, but I'm trying to restrain myself from planning everything out this time.

I tend to get crazy and a little too ambitious with my goals- and I always end up doing more than I thought I could, but never all of what I wanted to do. Which drives me crazy sometimes. And I even knew that going into 2012! Ha! Does that happen to you too? :)

This year I'm working on just a couple of ideas to try, and I think I'm going to plan out my months as they come along instead of so far in advance. If one thing's for sure, my plans are not His plans. :)

My one big goal this year is to grow in Christ. I want to fall more in love and become more like Him, and I want to look less like myself at the end of 2013. Oh, I just can't get enough of Him, you guys! Even when I go through dry seasons in my quiet time, my heart somehow cries out to Him to keep me in His hand- to not let me slip away from Him, even a little bit. And that encourages me, because it is the Holy Spirit interceding for me. I know it's not me.

Becoming a better mama and wife, staying disciplined in my work, learning more about Him- all the things I desire to grow in this year, really depend on Him working in me first. He decides my priorities, and He changes my heart.

I'm excited about what is to come in 2013. I can't wait to see what He does, and how He guides the months ahead! Soon I'll make out a few goals for January {maybe even including a little fitness challenge! :D}, and share those with you, but for now I'm enjoying the last few sweet hours of 2012.

Thank you Jesus, for this beautiful, beautiful year.

No comments:

Post a Comment