Thursday, January 31, 2013

10,000 years and then forever more

Oh, I had plans for today's post, but for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to post about anything else until I shared this song with you. It's one of the most popular Christian songs on the radio, but I can't get enough of it.

It's truly a mercy that I have zero singing ability and could never be a worship leader, because if I were one, they would have to kick me out for ugly crying in front of everyone all the time. Especially if I sang this. I was listening to this song as I was making dinner last night trying to hide the red face and big fat tears with my hair. I just seriously can't take it.



My soul longs for God as soon as I hear the intro.  I wish I could tell you with great words what it feels like, but it all just sounds really crazy. :)

As soon as I hear it, my chest burns with love for God, and I long for Heaven and I long to see Jesus, with every fiber of my being. I don't really even understand it- my heart belongs to someone I've never seen before, and my soul aches from it's very core to be with Him. It feels like my soul just isn't complete here, and I know how I will be made fully whole on that day.

Oh, how I long for that day!!! I can only imagine:

And on that day when my strength is failing
The end draws near and my time has come
Still my soul will sing your praise unending
10,000 years and then forever more

Forever, singing His praise, fully and completely satisfied in Him. I so can't wait for it. :)

I keep picturing that day- me, running to Him and falling at His feet, my heart full of joy, and finally fully understanding the salvation He's given me. Oh, I love Him. I can only imagine what it will be like to really see Him. To have finished the race. I won't be able to keep it together, I'm sure, but luckily I have a feeling He won't mind the ugly tears. :)

What song brings you to worship like no other? I would love to listen to it. {Please share- I don't mind crying! haha! ;)}

No comments:

Post a Comment