Thursday, March 14, 2013

thrifty transformation: $10 GW mirror {before and after}

I love paint. It makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it?

I picked up this $10 mirror at Goodwill last year, and ever since, it's been sitting in our bedroom patiently waiting for me to paint it and make it look fun again.

While I didn't dislike the wood tone completely, {I have lots of stained wood/unpainted pieces and love them}, I was hoping for a little more oomph, you know?

Here's the before:

{oh, and I'm really, really wanting to paint that dining room floor white. Would I be officially crazy to have a white floor with 5 kids? Probably so...}

One coat of paint later, here's the after:


I'm loving it.

I used the color Dive In in Valspar paint from Lowe's. It's like a seafoam green aqua color in real life, and it makes me all happy against an all-white wall! :D


We'll see if the mirror stays there for good... I might have another use for that paint color in my room. I hardly used any of my quart for this project, so I have plenty left to spare. :)

Mirror: $10
Paint: $2 at most... the entire quart was around $15 for the good stuff {and so worth every penny- it goes so far}
Total: $12 for a fun mirror! :D

That's my kind of price for home decor. It doesn't beat free, but it's close! :D

______________________

Have you ever painted a floor white? Or any color? What did you think? Would you do it again?

How much is an average large mirror retail?
I think the cheapest I've seen is $30-$40 at Ross... and Hobby Lobby used to be much higher. 

What's your favorite thrifty transformation lately? Do you have a link or an instagram photo?
I want to see!  :DD


No comments:

Post a Comment