Thursday, March 14, 2013

update from Christy: the simple truth {one month later}


I'll be back later to share something thrifty with you {Lord-willing}, but first I wanted to share an update from my sweet sister-in-law Christy who lost her son just over one month ago. I know many of you have been praying for their family- what a blessing and gift you are to them!

Here is just a little of what she said over on her blog:
Right now many people are asking why my Jacob died. They want autopsy results to reveal the "problem". They want reasons. Inconclusive is not good enough. I understand that. But, for me, it is more precious that it is a mystery to us. I believe with all of my heart that God took him - much like Enoch. God walked beside him and delighted in him. And, on February 5th, 2013 at 2:00pm, it was time for him to go home - to walk with God. 
Jake's work here was completed. 
He had accomplished all that God had intended for him.
And what she wrote after that will take your breath away. She is a precious, precious woman, and I am completely confident that her obedience to the Lord in this time will be greatly rewarded in Heaven. She does love Him whole-heartedly, and she willingly takes the bad with the good because it is from her Father whom she trusts with all of her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment