Monday, April 22, 2013

the new exterior paint color, gorgeous cakes + the best stress relief

We've been very busy these past few days with parties, yard work, exercising, grocery shopping, and lots of projects were going on at our place this weekend!

Our biggest and most exciting project of the year finally happened- Rob painted the main color on the house!!! Wooooohoooo! {btw, there are not enough letters in that to contain my excitement}. 

Here's a sneak peek at the color- he hasn't done the trim or windows yet, but I couldn't wait to show you:


The color we decided on is called Retreat by Sherwin Williams and it actually looks like three different colors depending on the time of day and the sunlight. It can alternate between green, blue, and gray. Above it looks green blue, and here it looks more like a moody gray:


It looks amazing all trimmed out with Pure White. I couldn't be more thrilled. :) And I even had the chance to finish a few painting project goals this weekend too, which I plan to show you soon! :)

While Rob was painting, I had fun attending a baby shower and then a birthday party on Saturday. There was some serious cake talent happening at both of them! I love making cakes so every time I see a good one I can't help but take a picture. :)


And this one had three 12-inch tiers and all buttercream icing for an 8-year-old boy's party! Isn't it the cutest thing ever? The fire was cinnamon and butterscotch candies melted together! Brilliant.


All I can say is that my piece was bigger than Bella's here, and I ate almost every bite of it. It was amazing.


Yeah, this pregnant girl doesn't turn down cake. I love it way too much for that! ;)

I also love snuggles like these from little girls. She told me I smelled like sunscreen and she wanted to smell my cheeks, but whatever. I'll take any reason for this cuteness:


This morning I'm hoping to leave the dishes undone and head outside to work on the yard while the weather is so gorgeous. We'll see. :)

Teaching BODYCOMBAT is definitely on the agenda for this afternoon... which is a good thing considering all that cake I ate on Saturday! It's going to be a great workout with all that fuel. ;) Of course, it's always fun though. :)

I think it's safe to say almost all combat instructors have way too much fun punching and kicking to music.... :)

Post-workout, Abbie and I look pretty serious about the whole thing here, though... hahaha! We like to stay in the fight. ;)

I always say you can't walk out of a combat class feeling stressed... :) It's a great way to start a Monday! 

Oh, and I still have to move this to the pantry room today to complete my goals for last week. It's our old TV armoire that we are making into a food pantry. :) It's a man-job for sure- that thing is heavy!


It will be fun to have a cabinet for the food again! :) I can't wait to see how it turns out!


What's on your agenda for this week?

Have you ever made a fondant cake? 
I've never tried, I'm a buttercream fan all the way... I prefer a little cake with my icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment