Thursday, April 18, 2013

this week's thrifted finds: 30+ baby items, petunia pickle bottom, pottery barn + more

Last weekend I shopped at our city's biannual consignment sale and scored big in the baby department! I still have a few baby boy clothes left from our first two boys, but since they have been well used, I wanted to pick up a few more things for this one before he comes this summer. 

I've found a handful of clothes at Goodwill in the last couple of months, but the prices at this sale were better than GW's, because on the last day of the sale almost everything is marked 1/2 off. And the majority of the clothes I picked up were matched sets in better shape than most of what you'd find at the thrift store.

I was so excited to pick up all of these 25 items for $25 {1/2 off $50}, and most of them were either Carter's or Children's Place:


Ahh, they are so cute!! :D When I had boys 8-10 years ago, there were none of these adorable green and brown or gray and orange neutral outfits. Everything was navy and primary or bright. :D


I was thrilled to find so many fun little outfits for the price of like 1.5 outfits at Target! :)

And I even found a few baby goods that I loved- this Carter's striped sweater blanket was $3, and all of those brand new pacifiers in our favorite brand were $3! We love NUK pacis at our house. They are like gold around here....when one gets lost, we all stop and look for it until it's found. :)


And sometime in the next three months, I was hoping to make a few cute burp cloths for this little one...but someone else did it for me! :)  Four boutique-style burp cloths only cost me $3.50, and there was NO sewing required on my part {wohooo} to have all of these adorable ones handmade:


I even picked up a few fun things I might be selling here soon. :) I can't pass up a good deal when I know someone could use them! {if I sell them when I'm done or give them as gifts, I'm technically not a hoarder, right? That show scares me.}

I scored this Pottery Barn diaper bag:


And this Petunia Pickle Bottom one:


And I am in love with this PPB one I found too. It's not perfect, but it's still so darn cute I want to use it as a purse... LOL! :)

Can you tell my favorite section at the sale is the diaper bags? I always walk straight there first. :) 

Do you stock up at consignment sales too? 
I usually don't go to them, but with the new baby coming it was such a good thing I did this time! :)

What's your favorite accessory{ies}?
Mine - bags. No doubt. Shoes are okay, but bags are so much fun? And hey, they're practical too right? ;)

Best deal you scored on baby clothes lately? {other than free/hand-me-downs?}
$1 per item was pretty good last week compared to GW, but I've done better before- I once bought 3 trash bags full of big boy clothes for $25 on Craigslist. It ended up being less than .25 per item or something like that. :D That was a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment