Friday, June 21, 2013

pregnancy update: 34 weeks, baby #5

So the other night I woke up after a dream and had completely forgotten I was pregnant! Then it hit me all at once: I'm seriously ABOUT to have a baby in a few weeks. In the middle of the night {when it was all new to me again}, I couldn't believe it is really this close- just 4-6 weeks or so left to go!

{I've decided he's not allowed to be late to this party.}

The rate at which my belly is growing is quite phenomenal, I have to say. It's out there! :) I might have to do more frequent updates just to keep up with it! hahah!


How far along: 34 weeks. {Unreal!}. It's not very long left in reality, but when I'm fully awake in the daytime, a month or more left seems like a lot of time to grow! :D

Baby size: Around 18 inches and 5- 5.5 lb.

Gender: Boy.

Weight gain: Still average- feeling a major hunger surge/growth spurt this week though- I think he's busy getting huge. :) My babies average 8 lb. + at full term/ 40 weeks every time!

Belly: is now blocking my feet, and looks like a basketball. Very round!

Clothes: I have fewer and fewer options in the closet right now. :) I broke down and bought a couple of longer non-stretchy t-shirts at LOFT a couple of weeks ago. I also tried on a dress there that almost made me forget I have a big ol' belly at all {really though, it was more thanks to their very generous vanity sizing and ultra-slimming mirrors....hahaha!}

Movement: His body parts are sticking out constantly! My new favorite thing to do is to freak out unsuspecting friends by making them feel my belly when his bottom is sticking up... it's so weird!! ;) I think I will be happy when he finally drops his feet and bottom out of my ribs for good though. :)

Food aversions: Hanging on to the coffee dislike from the past few weeks- I have to have some form of sugar/milk/flavor combo to drink it at all. I still don't want to eat meat or any dairy like yogurt or cottage cheese. 

Food cravings: Mostly liquids of any kind... I'm so thirsty, and it usually means I'm gaining weight...lol! Occasionally ice cream and smoothies sound good!

Labor signs: Much stronger contractions at night on occasion- like the ones that make you stop and realize they're happening. It gets a little uncomfortable sometimes!

Exercising: So far, so good- I've kept my regular teaching schedule so far, and generally can do everything I used to, except for big jumping moves, push-ups and planks on my toes. It is getting more challenging for sure with this big belly! :)


Comparison shots: left to right-19 weeks, 22 weeks, 26 weeks, 31 weeks, 34 weeks





What I miss: not gaining weight nearly every single week... ;) bending over normally, sleeping on my stomach, and not being tired every late morning/afternoon.

Preparing for birth:  There are few things you don't think about when you think about home birth, unless it's your own happening- like buying shower curtains and wash clothes and extra sheets... that's all new to me! I also have to make sure I have a crockpot, a thermometer, snacks, and lots of towels and extra pillows on hand. This is so different than a hospital birth! :) You just don't think about anything like that when you go to the hospital! :)

So those of you who have birthed at home before- what's something I REALLY need to have? Anything you forgot the first time at home?

Average birth weight of your babies? 

Non-pregnant people- would you be so kind to remind me how fast these last few weeks go by? 4 weeks isn't long, right? LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment