Monday, July 1, 2013

death, and the anticipation of our wedding day


Oh friends, our Lord has done amazing things.

My Uncle Charles passed away this weekend- he was 68, and such an amazing man of God. He truly loved Jesus, and he loved people so very well too. He served Jesus preaching the Gospel as a pastor for many, many years, and with my aunt {who is amazing also!} raised four children who all love Jesus and walk in the truth and serve Him too. He lived life so, so very well. I have no doubt when he got to Heaven, he heard well done, good and faithful servant. He loved God and obeyed Him, and his life showed us what it looked like to follow Jesus.

I heard this song for the first time at church yesterday, and I thought of him right away. I woke up with it and him on my heart this morning, and just had to share it with you. When I listen to this song, I can't help but worship our King. And the tears just won't stop.

Oh, oh, that DAY- our wedding day:


My Uncle Charles got to meet the groom wearing white. He gets to sing HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is the Lord.

What a wonderful, wonderful day it will be when we get to sing along with him!!!

Oh, sweet friends, death has lost its sting. Our God is on the throne, and we will meet Him so very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment