Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Ava's 4th rainbow princess party: a ginormous tutu and lots of sparkles


We had Ava's 4th birthday party this weekend! It was a rainbow princess party, which {of course} meant lots of colors were involved! :)

I probably had a little too much fun with the theme, and even found a few things to go with the rainbow things I'd made! :)

Instead of doing the 3000 rainbow-related things I pinned on Pinterest, we focused on the baby to-do list and just kept the party simple. Which means I now have a lovely new section of fenced yard, and Ava had fun at her party too. Hey! :) I only made a few things for the party, but I was happy with how it turned out! :)


I bought all the food at Sam's, and Target had rainbow party hats and cups to match the homemade pennants on clearance! :D



Ava couldn't believe all the presents were for her. :) It was her first real party, so the experience was all new to her! :)



I made nothing from scratch, and it was wonderful. :) Shockingly, no one CARED the cake and cookies weren't homemade. hehehe. Why do I normally even worry about things like that? Somehow being 35 weeks preggo makes you not care, and it's a good thing. :)
these cookies went quickly, along with the rainbow twizzlers! :)
The girls both dressed up like princesses, and the rest of the family wore bright colors {actually, I just wore what still fit... lol}




I got Rob's shirt at Walmart for $4! :D I have to say, I love this man wearing heathered purple. :) He was the party hero- he worked so hard to get all of our big to-do list projects done. Seriously, he's so amazing. 


I made this little tutu for Ava, and she was so thrilled. :) It was so easy- I totally cheated, and I can't wait to show you how! :) It pretty much got wrinkled right away, but oh well. It was still fun! :)


We had homemade sub sandwiches- the easiest party food in the world {and even easier thanks to my sweet family helping me chop and assemble and put the food out!}.


The other kids were just as excited as Ava was. :) It's so fun to have lots of brothers and sisters to share life with:


She loved opening presents....


But blowing out the candles was a different story. :)


It's taken us a few years to figure out she's an introvert... ;) Or she just doesn't prefer to be sung to, no matter if she's 4 or 2.... ;)

Ava's 2nd birthday- how she's changed! :)
She's no introvert at home with the family, though. :) She loves to talk our ears off. Good thing she has a sister who can match her {and dress up with her}:


Oh, the days of the princess dresses. I'm glad they are still here. 

I will hold on to them as long as I can. :) Someday they'll be wearing a princess dress of the wedding kind, and I have a feeling it will come all too soon. 


Do your girls love princess stuff too?

What's your favorite/easiest party food to serve? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment