Monday, August 26, 2013

a rare moment + life with 5 in pics

A rare moment is happening in our house right now: the kids are outside playing happily AND the baby is sleeping in the other room. And I've taken a shower, washed my hair, and put makeup on today. Hallelujah! :)

It's been a crazy couple of weeks adjusting to this new life! :) Forget all the to-do lists, I've been quite happy to sit on the couch, hold that cute little thing, and be a milk machine while absolutely nothing gets done. :) The dishes have been getting washed when they get washed, and our living room has become a messy version of Legoland- all the kids have been playing Legos almost all day long. The mess occasionally gets to me though, usually at night, and we have to pick it all up before bed. And the Legos finally left the living room an hour ago after a week of being out everywhere. ;)

The baby has been sleeping better for the last week or so, eating several times a night, but sleeping a good 12 hour stretch in a deep sleep, which has been so good for me, since Rob's been taking care of the kids and letting me sleep in with him too. :)

I'd forgotten how it feels to be needed pretty much 24/7, but I know it won't be long before we'll fall into a napping/eating schedule, and I'll be able to get things done in spurts again. Like today- I was able to make lunch and do the dishes {after 2 days of them sitting there!}, and sit down to blog, and the little one is still sleeping. :D

Here are a few pics of what life has looked like for us lately:

I sit here and do this as much as I can: :)


look at those fingers! huge!!
While the girls play Legos, babies, and dress-up all day {Ava looks thrilled- Isabella was determined to get a picture with her!}:
random fact: the pink dress was actually MY dress as a 5 year old!!
And their brother can sleep right through it all, as long as he's on top of mommy: 


In kitchen news, I made pancakes yesterday- the ugliest pancakes ever, but the first real thing I've made since Zane was born, so I had to take a picture. ;)


Thankfully though, we've been super blessed to have several dinners brought from friends! I can't tell you how wonderful it's been not to have to make dinner! 


And the kids have become very good helpers lately- they clean up the entire kitchen and living room! {and do a pretty good job!}. I think we're going to need to start a new chore schedule soon with the return of school, otherwise mommy will never keep up again. ;)


{I love it when the girls ask me to clean.... ;) My answer is always yes.}


All the girls cleaned while Rob and the boys built our homeschool desk yesterday. It's almost finished, and I can't wait to see how it all comes together!



Speaking of homeschooling- I found an Ergo carrier on clearance at Marshall's last week {more on that later!}, and it's been a huge help when I'm carrying around the little one {he doesn't seem to like any other sling we have since they all restrict him in a lying position}. I think it will be a lifesaver when we get back to schooling again. 

It's been a while since we had a baby and homeschooled {4 years to be exact!} though... do you have any tips for me?

What works for you when it comes to balancing a newborn and 4 kiddos doing school?

What's your favorite baby carrier for a baby that likes to be upright?

Any pretty pancake tips? I think the longer the batter sat, the prettier and smoother they became!

No comments:

Post a Comment