Monday, August 26, 2013

our favorite states 8x10 art {easy decor on a budget}

A few months ago, I was on the hunt for meaningful decorations that didn't cost a fortune. I loved my instagram poster and my Scripture prints, and I had fun making my $12 gilded GW art, but I wanted something a little different that was colorful and fit in an 8x10 frame.

I painted a cheap Walmart wooden frame in the same shade as my coral globe, and then whipped up a little text print of the United States using my Pixelmator for Mac app. {not affiliated/sponsored at all- I paid $20 for it a year ago, and it's been one of my favorite design apps outside of Adobe products}. :D

You might notice it's missing a few states- that's because it's only a list of all the states the hubs and I have been to together in the last 11 years. :D Texas is in big letters, of course, because that's where we met, fell in love, and have lived all of our married life. And everything is bigger in Texas, right? ;)


I was so thrilled with how it turned out, until I noticed I forgot to list two states we'd visited: California, and HAWAII.



Really though, how could I forget Hawaii??? That's our favorite place on earth! I have no idea what I was thinking.

Oh, well. It still makes for cute, cheap art, right? And when we get a couple more states I'll redo it and add them. ;) And I think navy, coral, and teal might be my most favorite color combo ever. It's so much fun to make affordable art in our room's colors!


How many states have you visited? 
I think we're at 21 together, but Rob has been to more than I have since he lived on the west coast for several years.

What's your favorite design app?

When you think of Texas what comes to mind?
Dr. Pepper, Blue Bell ice cream, bluebonnets, the country, hot weather, and the color royal blue....

No comments:

Post a Comment