Thursday, September 12, 2013

fill me up...

I love, love, love fall. This coming season will be different with five little ones and homeschooling. It feels like there are important, God-given priorities that I have no doubt I'm supposed to be doing, but I don't want to get so lost in doing them {even good things} that I forget the Source of life in the first place. I don't want to start going my own way. I don't want to seek after stupid things like pleasing myself on this earth in the very few years I get to live.

If there's a theme song- a prayer on my heart- for this fall, I long for it to be this:



Fill me up God...

Jesus, empty me of me- make me forget myself- my insecurities, my own desires, the things I love more than you, and fill me up with YOU, Father. Jesus, I want you. Nothing else is worth my life. Fill me up with your Spirit. Become my joy, my passion, my only reason for living, Jesus. Your name is written on my heart- in the depths of my soul, and I have nothing else to cling to but you in this world. Make me overflow with your Spirit, to reflect your glory and your love, not my own. We praise you for this day, Lord, for it is yours, and yours alone. Thank you for giving us life- may it be for you, Lord Jesus.

Do you have a theme song or big prayer for fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment