Wednesday, September 4, 2013

fun DIY shower gift: diaper motorcycle

My creative sister-in-law Mandy {she has the same name as me, and she's a redhead too!!} made this for baby Zane, and I had to share it with you! :D I've never made or even seen one of these before, but I thought it was the cutest thing ever! :D She made it with my mother-in-law, and I thought they did an amazing job!! :)


I tried to take lots of pictures before we disassembled it so I can remember how to recreate it. :)


The diapers made the wheels, and the rolled up receiving blankets held the body together, and rubber bands held the diapers and blankets together. The rubber bands were covered by pinned on ribbon to make it look pretty.


Bibs made the wheel flaps, and a pair of socks were the handle bars. :D Isn't that just adorable?


cute wide ribbon hides the rubber band underneath



To make one, you need:

a package of diapers {the larger the size, the less you'd need, I'd assume}
1 stuffed animal
2 receiving blankets {rolled up and secured with rubber bands}
1 pair of socks
2 bibs
1 sippy cup
rubber bands
small straight pins
two spools of ribbon- one wide and one tiny


I loved it, and it was so cute that we kept it together until we figured out that Zane needed those size 1 diapers a week after he was born. :P We used them all, right before we upgraded to size 2's his second week. :) At this rate he'll be in size 6's before he's 2 months old! ;)

Have you ever seen a motorcycle made out of diapers? :D 

What other gifts have you seen made from diapers?
I've never searched pinterest for that one before!

No comments:

Post a Comment