Monday, September 9, 2013

life lately: postpartum foods, a big event, and homeschooling

Can you believe the baby will be four weeks old tomorrow?! I can't!

Life is starting to get back to normal for us in September, despite my best efforts to keep everything at a slower pace. :) We only had a few things to do last week, but the exhaustion of waking up several times a night seemed to catch up with me like it always does on week three, and I was a bit of a zombie {having a conversation with me was both nearly impossible and slightly hilarious at the same time}.

To make up for the lack of energy and brain cells, I've decided ice cream {or any sugary thing} is now my new diet staple of choice. I'm nursing so calories don't count right? ;) 

I still love Braum's, but I definitely believe Chick-fil-a has the very best vanilla soft serve, hands down. 


Another postpartum diet staple for the past 4 weeks? Graham crackers. Good thing they sell them at Sam's, because I can't get enough of these babies:


I figured out why I'm starving for carbs last week when we took this little boy in for his check-up. At 3 weeks and 1 day, the child weighed 12 lbs. 4 ounces. He gained 25% of his birthweight in 3 weeks! I think he's serious about eating. :D

"give me the milk and no one gets hurt."
We also made it to church for the first time since he was born. This is the only photographic evidence we managed to get of this big event. For some reason getting 5 kids and ourselves clean and out the door to somewhere on time made me forget to take a real picture. ;)


Of course, we didn't actually make it on time, but I was happy with 10 minutes late on our first try. 10 a.m comes early these days. :)


With more early mornings and places to be this month {like the gym to teach my classes}, I really wish that coffee was my friend again, but sadly enough I haven't regained a love for it yet. It's still way too strong and bitter for me. I'm just going to have to figure out a way to bring it back. 


I might even have to mix it in my ice cream, because I'm definitely going to need some kind of caffeine to get through this :


Homeschooling starts back this week, and we went with a whole new curriculum this year. It's getting a post all of its own, but for now I'll just say it looks... challenging

It might not matter if I don't like coffee. It might be on our school supplies list anyway. ;) That and lots of prayer. :)

Mamas, what were your favorite postpartum foods? Did you feel an insatiable desire for processed carbs like me?

What's your favorite soft-serve ice cream?
Braum's of course, and then Wendy's chocolate frosties are right behind CFA for me.

What's your favorite way to feel energized on days when you're tired and things still have to be done? 
Jumping jacks every hour or do you have another secret? Please tell! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment