Friday, September 6, 2013

zane's nursery {the big reveal!!}

Zane's nursery is almost finished! Here's the funny thing- I am trying to let go of my perfectionistic tendencies, and decided to post the nursery pictures now... before every little thing was finished. {scary, right? haha!} :D I always want to perfect every last detail before I take pictures, but that will never happen in this stage of life, and I'm trying to accept that and go with it. :P

So here's what it looks like now! I'm in love with how it turned out- bright and fun, but mostly gender neutral I think! {in case we have more babies ;)}



Rob painted our old wooden crib to match the new nursery. All of our kids have slept in it, so it's extra special to us. :)

Here's the blanket I made this spring. It's a cheery Alexander Henry fabric:


Sshh, don't tell, but I didn't make the crib skirt below- it's an old twin skirt from GW for $1.99! I hated the idea of spending hours sewing {my nemesis} or tons of $$$$ for a bedskirt no one even cares about, including me! ;) The sheet was new from Target for $9.99:


A sweet gift from Haven's mom sits in the crib:



And I made these with old hoops I bought on Craigslist for less than .80 each. :) Those hoops are pricey new!! I couldn't believe how much they were at the store! I bought the letter at Babies R' Us for $7:


My sister-in-law Cayse made this art for Zane- she hand painted the stripes, and cut out the birds in matching paper- so adorable and matches everything! :D

I still have one place that needs another smaller art piece on the left wall by the crib, and when Amy Mattes sent me this personalized baby announcement art as a baby gift to match my nursery, I did a happy dance!! Isn't it perfect for that space? I love it! It even has the meaning of his name on it! So sweet. :D I hope to hang it soon. 


We love our IKEA rug in the middle for $20:


Rob painted this $40 craigslist dresser, the airplane print is from Hobby Lobby, and the bear was from our big ultrasound:



My super-creative friend Lindsay made this chalkboard art for my lovely shower at Abbie's house! Isn't it the sweetest? I'm so blessed to have such creative friends!

And on the left side of the room- we bought the mirror new at Lowe's for $29- it's one of the few new items we bought for the room. :) Circular mirrors are so fun! The ottoman was thrifted, and recovered for the living room back in the day. :D Behind the little door is our second closet sized bathroom and only shower:


And the right side of the room features two huge windows with 118 inch curtains from IKEA {$29 per pair}:


So that's our not-quite-perfect, re-purposed, thrifted, homemade, with sprinkles of new nursery in an 1895 home. ;)


Do you find yourself waiting until everything is "perfect" to call it done too? 

I have to tell you, it feels so good- so freeing- to let "undone and imperfect" be called finished. It's good enough! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment