Wednesday, October 2, 2013

homemaking hack #10: the best laundry secret EVER.

This homemaking hack is not for the faint of heart. If you are serious about laundry, please click away now and I'll see you back here tomorrow. :P Even if you're not a laundry fan, this might be too much for you- and I wouldn't blame you at all if you feel squeamish at this one. It's okay. It took me having 4 kids, a big house to keep, a blog, and a couple of part-time jobs to get here. :P

This is one of my deepest held secrets that I'm sharing with you today. I only tell you this so that some who are drowning in laundry may be freed from the shackles of perfectionism like I was a couple of years ago when I figured out this trick. ;)

Here goes nothing... :) 

If you ever wonder how a mama of 5 keeps up with the laundry {on top of other things}, here it is:


Yes, that is our clothing all over the laundry room floor.

Our clean clothing.

No, our laundry isn't folded.

But it is sorted into 7 piles. :)

Most of the time, I don't fold clothes at all. Ever. They go from the dryer to the pile, to the drawer in a few glorious minutes. Yes, they're wrinkled most of the time, but they all end up in their drawers unfolded no matter how long I spent folding them anyway. :) If they're too wrinkled, we'll do some work on them but most of the time, I just have to let go of my inner perfectionism and we roll with it. And the laundry actually gets DONE. Like empty basket done. I love it.

If you're a homemaker {especially a mama of littles}, don't be afraid to break the "rules" you feel like you have to follow. Even if it's just for a little while.

Sometimes you gotta just stuff the clothes in the drawers and let it go, you know what I mean? :) It will give you more time to do important things like play with your kiddos, or just take a shower. ;) It might work for a season, or it might work for you forever.

You don't have to tell everyone your homemaking hack, but hey, if you do, you might just free someone else from drowning in the "rules".... ;)


What homemaking rules have you broken and found yourself loving the "wrong" way of doing it? :)

What's your best laundry folding tip?

Have you ever done the piles like me? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment