Monday, October 7, 2013

sweet weekends, tex-mex favorites, and why didn't I think of this?

I'm planning to post my weekly menus and goals later on today {hopefully}, but first of all, I have to say- this is pure genius:


Why didn't I ever think of having Sam's shop for me? I HAVE to do this soon. It would save me at least an hour a week. I may never have to shop for groceries again. 

And another thing that makes life easier? These cards:


Isabella was having trouble counting by 5's, so I had to think of a way to help her other than just verbally counting- she just wasn't getting it at all. I found these cards, and she arranged her rainbow train and could count by 5's after a couple of days. {well, other than the 95, 10...she needed a little help that day ;) I love it when things click for them!


Last night we had the chance to go on a little date to our favorite Mexican food place. I always order a chicken taco salad with the cheese and dressing on the side. I love this salad. The shell is my favorite guilty treat too. Forget ice cream when fried taco bowls are on the table. Mmmhmm.


I love their Tex-Mex food, but I'm avoiding the salsa like the plague. I miss it so much, but here's how Zane feels about salsa these days:


:P His smile will melt your heart, I tell you. I can't believe he's growing up so fast. :) He's so big it's crazy. 


But {random but necessary segue... :P} it's only slightly more crazy than finding a pair of Arturo Chiang heels in bright coral patent leather for $12 at Dillard's. ;)


That was incredibly fun. Rob really liked them when I wore them yesterday! I wasn't sure how they'd go over, but it was a win. :)

Cuddly babies, Tex-Mex dates, and clearance coral shoes my husband liked? Pretty sweet weekend if you ask me. :)


How was your weekend?

Have you ever had Tex-Mex? 
Chuy's is my favorite. I had it in Austin for the very first time nearly 8 years ago, and we've been hooked since. They put every other chain restaurant to shame. :)

Have you ever shopped for food at a warehouse online?

No comments:

Post a Comment