Tuesday, October 8, 2013

do, read, learn, be goals this week {Oct. 8-14}


I was happy to get back to my regular goal system last week! It was so good to feel like I accomplished at least a few things. I feel like the "be" goal made the biggest progress in our home- but I still have some serious word retraining to do. :) It was a great thing, I think, even though I wasn't perfect at it.

Here is the progress I made on last week's goals:

do:
    {the plan} and {this week}
  • exercise 4-5 hours this week/teach fitness classes- 3 BODYPUMPS and 1 BODYCOMBAT
  • plan out October activities with kids/birthdays/etc.
  • plan out my days and weeks on paper again using the plan and this week
  • do devotions alone at lunch time {the baby and I haven't been getting up earlier than the kids these days} this was SO awesome.
  • list 3 items {watch out- more pop-up closet posts coming soon!} - took pictures, listed 1 item
  • make dental appointments

read: 
  • Isaiah chapters 40-55

learn:
  • family verse we are memorizing together: Isaiah 55:6-7 {we are still working on this one- didn't get in the practice last week}
be:
  •  patient. {still working on this for the rest of the month- I am trying to retrain myself to answer with "yes" instead of "what"- my husband particularly loved me answering him with "yes, Love." That made me very happy. :D}


And here are this week's goals:

do:
  • teach fitness classes/ exercise 5 hours this week
  • learn/practice new BODYCOMBAT release
  • work on new project :)
  • list two items for sale
  • write an encouraging note to my husband
  • find activities for the 4 y.o. to do during school
  • take pictures of another project
  • do devotions at lunch time {ongoing}
  • take kids to dental appointment
  • go on special date with the hubs
  • buy birthday gifts for Elijah and Rob

read: 
  • Isaiah 55-60
  • 2 chapters of To Live Is Christ to Die Is Gain by Matt Chandler. I found this at the bookstore last week, and started it. It's really good so far! 

learn:
  • Isaiah 55:6-7 {2nd half}

be:
  • patient: still working on answering with "yes" and this week, adding a smile to it as much as possible. :) When I'm concentrating or tired, my face tends to look pretty serious most of the time- so I need to smile more altogether. :) I think Rob will really appreciate this one the most. :D I used to smile all the time when we were younger, and I think it will also work backwards- smiling more will make me feel less tired! We'll see! :D I'm excited!


What are your goals for this week?  Do you have a link? Please share!! 


What are your favorite easy table activities for a 4-year-old to do?


How much do you smile at home?
I probably smile more in public than home- something that needs to change quickly!



{* all links to Amazon on this post contain affiliate information- should you purchase the linked item through my link, I get a small percentage! wohoo!}

No comments:

Post a Comment