Tuesday, December 17, 2013

do, read, learn, and be goals Dec. 17 + meal plans {cheddar avocado turkey burgers}


We only have 8 days until Christmas! It will be here before we know it! :) We are finishing up school this week, and hosting my family for Christmas next week. I'll hopefully be working my plan for the next few days! :)

do:
  • make 12 homemade gifts {I wish I could tell you about them but can't} ;)
  • install new flooring {husband- I'm just the helper/baby holder}
  • paint a piece of furniture
  • wrap presents
  • check gift lists again
  • buy last few items on my list
  • take family pictures + print them out
  • bake eggs and cook rice for the next few days
  • go grocery shopping for Christmas breakfast/dinner + make it in advance/freeze on Sunday
  • make cinnamon rolls {if you love cinnamon rolls, you have to try this recipe! And double the icing.}
  • attend Christmas parties and bring this dessert :)

  • best cinnamon rolls ever, even frozen! :)
read:
  • Luke 1-2, Matthew 1-2, Psalm 145-150
  • 3-5 chapters of library books
learn:
download the free printable!

be: 
  • content with now- content with how many things are not getting done, and not be discontent with the state of now... how the floor needs to be swept, or the clothes need to be put away, or the amount of work I have to do... it all fades in the light of who Jesus is, and how short my life is. Worrying about today is not where my heart should be. I want to live in and enjoy today, because tomorrow it will be gone.

real simple cheddar avocado burgers
meal plans this week:

dinners: 
  • pinto beans and rice x2 {if homemade, I just soak them for 12 hours overnight, crockpot them for 6-8 in the daytime, then salt them to taste :D}
  • turkey tacos, corn, black beans, chips and salsa
  • cheddar avocado turkey burgers + fries {I might leave the avocado sliced though!}
  • chicken + cabbage mix italian salad
  • pizza/family night
  • dinner out
lunches: 
  • sandwiches + pretzels
  • leftovers
breakfasts:
  • cereal
  • oatmeal
  • eggs


:: Favorite avocado recipe? 
I have 5 of them to use up this week so I'm all ears!! :)

:: Have you ever baked eggs before?
I think they taste so much better in the oven! I like the Egg Genie too though.

:: What foods are you most looking forward to eating next week?
I'm hoping to make these cinnamon rolls {best recipe ever, though I haven't tried PW's} and poor man's toffee this week. They're both my favorites!

----------------------------------------------

learn more about drlb goals here.
free printable drlb worksheet

No comments:

Post a Comment