Monday, April 7, 2014

costco winners + baby transitioning questions

Monday? How are you here again already? 

I think the weekends go by 3x as fast as Monday and Tuesday do. I'm super happy when Monday and Tuesday finally pass by each week. :)

Weekends are my favorite for sure. :) On Friday night, we hit up our new friend Costco again. It had only been a month, but it felt like forever since I visited this amazing place...


It's a long trip for us, but it's more of an adventure than anything. You know you're a family who loves food when everyone gets excited about a trip to a new warehouse store. ;)

We wore little Zaner out shopping up and down the aisles:


I loved seeing everything they had. They have so many healthy options. :D You have to give them props for their gorgeous salads:


Man, I love that store. :) And I really love that our whole family can eat dinner there for $14, and I get a big salad in their cafe! {!!!!}


I pulled this new dressing out of our cart for instead of opening up the caesar. I am happy to report yet another Costco winner:


Zane was as happy about his Costco banana as I was about my salad: ;)


We ended up with quite a few items we wouldn't normally buy at Sam's- the apple chips are my absolute favorite new snack, and the ancient grains are good too {though I have to avoid the almonds for Zane}. And I love that they have large avocados for the same price as Sam's small ones:


Even though we spent hours browsing Costco, we still had an hour left before HomeGoods closed. heheh. ;) I roped the family into shopping with me here too:


And this sofa??? Oh my goodness. So cute. It looks small here, but it was a full-sized one for $800. Too bad we didn't have room in the Tahoe. ;)


The kids {usually} entertain themselves when we go shopping at places like this. They all talk to each other about everything while they follow me around, but trips with Daddy are way more fun because he asks them lots of questions about everything. :) 

Zane even found ways to keep busy while I walked around:


I wonder what he will be like when he's older. It seems like he'll be a funny guy like his brother Noah and his Uncle Josh.

The rest of the weekend was full of adventure, house remodeling, and a three hour nap {!} after a playdate with a sweet friend. It was raining outside yesterday but Rob and I still managed to drive around and go out on a little date after church. :)

This week Project ReOrganize is ON. My goal is to have a garage sale this weekend, and I'm in clean out mode again. I'm trying to simplify as much as possible so that there's less housework to do on a daily basis. Last week I cleaned out the kids drawers and left them with one drawer full of clothing... and it's been amazing already. I only had 2.5 loads of laundry to catch up this weekend!

I'm hoping to also get Zane into his own room this week so we can all get more sleep. I've done it four other times, yet I still don't want to do it. :) I know it will be good for all of us, but one of our main problems this time around is that the main bathroom we use {the only one with a shower and our 2nd toilet} is in his nursery- and the kids all need to use it multiple times at night.

I'm trying to think of other places we could have him where he would be undisturbed by six other people, but it's got me stumped for the moment! He usually sleeps in our room for naps and nighttime, but I can't sleep with him in there these days. He wakes up so many times a night, but I think it's more a habit of comfort rather than need to eat.

I'd love any transitioning tips you have for moving babies to their rooms? 

Any creative ideas on quiet places for babies with lots of siblings? 
At this point I'm almost considering moving him in the office at night. :)

Have you ever tried apple chips? What do you think? Do you love them as much as I do? {and can you make them yourself- or would it even be cheaper?}

No comments:

Post a Comment