Tuesday, August 19, 2014

finding a pot of gold

When we went on our anniversary trip, I found this little gem of a planter hiding in the bottom of a big hutch full of dishes at Anthropologie:


At $14, it was far less per lb. than every other Anthro item ;), and the gold one I found is the perfect shade {it seems a little more muted than the pictures, actually} so I thought it would be a fun souvenir of our 12th anniversary. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it in our house:


I think it would make a beautiful plant holder too, if I get tired of using it as a utensil holder. :D


You can barely see it here, but hey- my last utensil holder was a pot too. :)


I didn't end up finding anything else at Anthro, but I was quite happy with my big ole gold pot-turned-utensil-holder souvenir. :D 

Do you ever use any unexpected items in everyday life? 
I also use the silverware drawer for holding every random piece of junk in my house until it overflows and I can't see the forks if that counts...heheheh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment