Monday, August 18, 2014

our week in pics: getaways, tornado meal-prepping, and it's happening again

Oh, the crazy fun of summer! Can I admit that I've been sleeping in this summer, and it's been wonderful? I feel like a new person when I sleep 8-9 hours a night. The baby still wakes up a couple of times at night, but with the extra hours in the morning I've been making up for the last year of lost time. :)

We have some exciting things happening at our house, so our days have been full to the brim. {I can't wait to tell you soon!} I haven't even had a chance to tell you yet, but we celebrated our 12th anniversary with a weekend away in Dallas:


My awesome dad kept the kids and I enjoyed waffles not made by me. ;)


We did take the munchkin along with us, and if you were wondering what hotel breakfast with a little is like, I snagged a pic for you:


I have a good man, because he took one for the team and fed him while I enjoyed this:


Good times. :) And you know any weekend at a metroplex is sure to include a trip to Anthro:


I didn't find much I needed there, but I did end up with one cool, very inexpensive-for-anthropologie thing I'll show you soon! :)


For the first time in I can't remember, we got dressed up for a date! :)


I really need to branch out more, but the heart wants what it wants. ;)


We might be a little predictable, but hey- we did try two new things. Did you know gas station fudge can be amazing?


I would have never thought. And we already know Restoration Hardware is pretty amazing itself:






All kinds of eye candy there. That place is something else. :) I have never liked so much extremely expensive furniture at one time! ;) {Which reminds me of something else I want to tell you soon!}.

My feet were back on the ground last week with a birthday, grocery shopping, and getting back in the saddle with cooking:


Last night was a late night flurry of trying to cook this week's meals in advance:


I made dinner last night, and got this ready for the week:


And speaking of getting back in the saddle...last week, these came in the mail:


Once we the rest of the girls' books arrive, I suppose we'll dig in. :) I can't say that I'm ready, but the kids are! They've already arranged their desks, plugged in their computers, and can't wait to start. :)

As for me, I'm still going to enjoy every minute of sleeping in that I can. :)


How was your week/weekend??


Are you back to school yet?


Ever tried something from a gas station that you never thought you would love? :D
















No comments:

Post a Comment