Thursday, May 31, 2012

sweet sisters + surprises {a mystery birthday dinner!}

We had the chance to go on a fun little date this afternoon- my sister-in-law Cayse asked us if she could come watch the kids for us! How many people do that?

Oh my goodness gracious. :)

Can I just say, this girl is too sweet.
Here we are at Abbie's lovely dinner party last weekend!
{it was so beautiful! Abbie did a fantastic job and we had such a wonderful time!}
For my 28th birthday {this was 1.5 years ago, back in 2010}, she planned an entire surprise murder mystery dinner for me.

She and my brother Josh even decorated my house for the party while my husband whisked me away for my birthday weekend.

I had no idea it was coming. Not a clue. :)

My husband told me he was taking me to a special dinner and insisted I wear a blindfold {and something dressy!} for the hour long ride. 

Just when I *thought* I heard the familiar sound of our front door opening {but still wasn't sure where we were},  Rob told me to take the blindfold off and suddenly I saw all of my best friends standing there screaming, "SURPRISE!!!" at me!


It blew me away. :)


It was one of those moments when you're so happy and stunned you almost cry. :)

The 17 of us all played different characters over a lovely dinner, and it was so much fun!


We never stopped talking because we were all trying to find the killer. :)

the mystery dinner crew {minus three that had to leave early}
It was hands down one of the best nights of my entire life. :)



And this man knew it was coming {and coordinated the getaway!}:


And Abbie was in on it all and helped with the whole thing too:


Here we were after the party:


This sweet woman is seriously the aroma of Christ. She's been such a blessing and a help and encouragement to me. I love her so much! {And I love my brother even more for marrying her! ha! :D}

Thank you, Cayse, for being the sweet sister and friend that you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment