Monday, March 25, 2013

all you can eat cantaloupe, fortune cookies, and lazy weekends

So remember how I asked you on Thursday what I should do without kids at home? :D Well, somehow I must have found a way to fill up the days. :P Most of my free time last week was spent sleeping, eating, reading, and dating. :D And barely exercising. :D Hey, it was a spring break for mama too! {thank you, mom, for keeping the kids!! :D}

I didn't touch our sink full of dishes for two whole days, and didn't fold an ounce of the piled up laundry until Saturday afternoon before the kids came home. :)

On Friday afternoon, we went to three World Market stores looking for a clearance shelf for the pantry. We didn't end up buying one, but I did find this adorable little guy for $12.99! {and I even had a 10% coupon on top of that! yay!}

I so need a name.
We have a routine ultrasound coming up on Wednesday this week, and I'm pretty sure this baby will break all the percentile barriers after I loaded him up with lots and lots of food in the past few days! ;) The hunger is taking over any and all healthy eating willpower about every other day now. :D 

I mean really, what girl eats at a Chinese food buffet and starts with three plates?? 

{And a ridiculously sized water?!? I like how the camera angle makes all of my plates {lol} look tiny and my water look enormous.}

So, did you want to know the trick to avoiding that overstuffed feeling at a Chinese buffet? Stick with California sushi rolls {no raw for me} and fruit so you can eat plate after plate of yummy cantaloupe and honeydew. :) I ate a little of that chicken in the middle and on the right and then realized I would never make it to the second round unless I stayed with the lighter stuff. That's frugality at work right there- I always try to eat the highest number of pounds per dollar I spend. ;)

I ate until I was happy {not stuffed thanks to strategic buffeting, hey!}, and then was really impressed by my fortune cookie:

I thought of how true that really is- how we are called to love and stay the truth, but extend grace to those who are lost in error... being careful that we don't fall in the same way:
17But you must remember, beloved, the predictions of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ. 18Theyf said to you, “In the last time there will be scoffers, following their own ungodly passions.” 19It is these who cause divisions, worldly people, devoid of the Spirit. 20But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, 21keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life. 22And have mercy on those who doubt; 23save others by snatching them out of the fire; to others show mercy with fear, hating even the garmentgstained by the flesh. ::: Jude
Isn't it so exciting when a Chinese fortune cookie makes you think of Scripture? :)

I anxiously waited for Rob to open his {he was much more stuffed, and took his time getting to it}, wondering what bit of wisdom was lying inside his cookie...

Here's what it said:
And....there you go. 

Apparently it contained such great wisdom that it was completely over our heads, so if you happen to grasp the underlying proverb behind this one, please let us know... :)

Later the same day, our little baby boy must have been even happier to gain another ounce or two after we went to a local fancy restaurant with a gift card we needed to use... 
And I even got dressed! In a dress! :D I pulled out my Easter outfit from last year since it would still go over my belly. :D I do believe my belly popped last week- I had at least five strangers ask me what I was having. :D 
The food was fabulous, and the sleep was even better, but I'm thankful the kiddos are back and life is getting back to normal! :D I had fun without them, but the house stayed a little too clean, you know? ;)
That and I think I ate so much food my ribs are hurting this weekend. I'm hoping that goes away with the return of my regular food rotation! {It seems a bit too early for sore ribs, doesn't it?} :)

I'm trying to hop back into goals and menus, and I'm hoping I can get at least one more long nap before life gets back to normal. :) Here's to a hopefully slow homeschooling day as we ease back into our routine post-spring break. :)

How was your weekend?

Do you feel happy when you get back into a routine after a break too?
Most of the time! I'm hoping since we didn't leave overnight last week, this one will be much easier on me. :)

Have you ever eaten Chinese food? Do you love it or not so much? 
I really like Asian food, but I usually only eat sushi and steamed rice- the other dishes are usually too heavy for me. I guess I would say I prefer non-breaded, non-fried, non-sugared versions with lots of veggies. I used to love sweet and sour chicken, so I couldn't resist trying it again at dinner last week! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment