Friday, March 8, 2013

baby #5: 19 weeks {nearly halfway update!}

19 weeks.

This pregnancy is now officially flying by. :)

Every pregnancy seems to go faster and faster for me. It could be that I'm so busy with four other kids now that I don't even know what day it is or who I am, but hey, I'll take it. :)

I'm considering myself to be half way now, you know, because I'm optimistic like that! hah! Avalie {#4} came at 38 weeks on the day, the earliest baby and easiest delivery {though not the shortest! Bella won that award with just 3.5 hours of labor total}.

I started feeling this baby's kicks on the outside for the first time this week. It really never gets old! It's magical, I tell you. :D He kicks on one side mostly, and I love feeling those tiny bumps!

I need to start writing things down like that- I'll never remember what week I felt this, how tired I was, etc. My brain is leaving me as we speak. {And names are now going with it, unfortunately! lol}

It's all going so fast, and I want to remember all the details. It's going so very well too, though. :)

How I'm feeling:
If I hadn't had a terrible cold/flu bug for the last three weeks straight, I would say I feel totally normal other than being more tired. I have to take a nap to feel like myself after 1 p.m. :) I've been able to take one most of the time, thankfully! :D

The belly is starting to stick out first, which is so weird and yet so familiar at the same time. I forget I'm pregnant a lot until I see myself pass by a mirror. It's especially strange to see the belly when I'm teaching BODYCOMBAT for some reason. :) Kickboxing in pregnancy just looks funny on me. It sure feels good though!

oh, the girls are SO excited!
They ask me questions about the baby every night!

Exercising:
I'm still working out lots of times per week, and still teaching all my classes, but I've definitely felt the tiredness affect me more in this department. I've slowed down in my workouts- most of the time I don't do double sessions at this point. I usually shoot for 1-1.5 hours/day now, and sometimes I take an extra day off each week. It depends on how I'm feeling. The week I was really sick I only did the minimum and took my free day off completely. Usually by the end of the week I lighten up.

I can still do all of the exercises normally except for tuck jumps- I'll jump up a few inches but there's no cheerleading tucks going on for me- too much quick impact at the bottom for me to feel safe for the baby. :) I do abs and run at the full level still, and hope to continue that until it's impossible. :)

I did ab work until the very end with Avalie and it made a huge difference in everything going back where it's supposed to. :) I'll modify if it's impossible {oblique/cross mountain climbers?? not going to happen later on}, but generally I try to do what I've always done for as long as it feels good. If I feel like I can't talk very well, that's usually my cue to slow down or change positions.

Body Changes:
Everything is definitely... growing. I've gone up at least a size for sure. :) It's hard on me mentally, honestly, but I know it's temporary, and it's necessary. I just went through my closet to clean out the clothes that won't fit me again for almost a year {!}. Even though my belly isn't really really big yet, everything fits so differently now. I'm just wider everywhere. :) More baby food for a growing, hungry baby boy, right? ;)

Most of my jeans still button, and I've picked up a couple of pairs in a bigger size hoping they'll last at least for a couple of months, but I'm predicting a bella band in my future very soon. :) I used to love those things, and I'm hoping it works again this time! :D

Eating:
The hunger finally kicked in this week- I was surprised it waited this long, but I think it's because I've been eating so much more protein with this pregnancy. I shoot for 50-75 grams, at least, each day. I've never lifted weights this heavy while pregnant before, and so the protein keeps the baby healthy and my body strong while I'm carrying more weight and teaching my classes.

I usually start feeling like I'm starving at week 14, and it kicked in at 18. I've also noticed I'm so much more thirsty- a sign that my body is gaining weight every time. I drink and drink and drink and it all stays with me, lol!

here's 19.5 weeks with baby #4 {Avalie}- 4 years minus 2 weeks ago!
Baby:
This baby seems like pretty mellow little fella. It might be that my placenta is in the front this time, but I mostly feel him move right after I've eaten. He's started really kicking this week, and I can feel it from the outside. I LOVE that feeling! :D

Birth Plans:
We're planning a home birth, and using a midwife for the first time. I'll share more as I get closer, but I'm so excited about being at home and being able to eat and drink and move around this time. I've had an epidural and induction, and a few natural births at the hospital too, and I much prefer the natural route. It's so much easier!

He will be here before we know it! I have lots to do around the house before he comes, and now that I'm feeling him roll around in there, it's getting more and more real.  I'm starting to feel the need to get a bunch of projects done! :)

Five little ones. I can't believe it still. :) It could be happening in just over 4 months from now! Craziness. :)



Did pregnancy make you want to do a ton of projects too? Am I crazy to even try? :)

Are you pregnant too? When are you due?
I'm due at the end of July/ very beginning of August. When I realized it's likely this one will come in July, I was shocked at how little time I have left! It's almost mid-March! Unreal.

How long does it take you to leave the house right now? 
It's like a 30 minute process minimum these days- I'm really wondering how long it will take when I have to feed a baby! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment