Tuesday, April 9, 2013

simple goals and menus this week {i.e. keep the children fed and clothed}


We're keeping it simple this week in the food department {as usual, ha!}, and sticking with old favorites. We had another round of sickness this weekend {in which I thought I would never sleep again!}, and today I'm busy studying new BODYPUMP choreography while Rob's trying to finish caulking the entire house exterior. He's spent hours and hours doing it so far, and it's exciting to maybe move on to the next thing while the weather is good. :)

Menu plans for this week:

dinners:
semi-homemade pizza w/turkey pepperoni {I bought a frozen crust for the first time!}
crockpot pinto beans and rice
bean burritos {leftover beans and rice} with chips and salsa
spaghetti 
turkey tacos w/black beans and avocado

lunches:
sandwiches + chips for school days, and leftovers- and this makes me laugh- but their special "treat" lunch they got to pick out for yesterday was a cup of ramen??... for some reason they get really excited about it! :) 

breakfasts: cereal- frosted mini wheats {the natural kind from Walmart was cheaper? It was because they have less sugar, I'm sure...}, oatmeal, biscuits for the kids

and a menu plan for just me: {ha! I like weirder and weirder stuff every week now...} 
breakfast: greek yogurt with a tbs. of real preserves, bananas
lunch, dinner: chicken w/ buffalo sauce, baked potatoes, and cottage cheese... pretty much every night. Tofu, butter beans, and mushroom skillet, and black bean soup above. I did finally break down and buy some good canned soup for when I'm feeling really icky and not like eating protein or cooking anything else.
snacks: watermelon, yogurt, granola bars, strawberry smoothie

Oh and in case you're wondering, here's what $145 worth of non-coupon shopping looks like from Walmart- there was a few items in the freezer already, and some were toiletries but still ... very sad:


And of course, on our one trip to Walmart every few months, I had to find my current cravings:


They're always best when mixed together!

Just kidding. ;)

As I was putting the food away, I realized I have no real kitchen cabinet space because of my crazy addiction to spices:


Why in the world do I have an entire cabinet devoted to seasonings??? I can't figure it out. I guess I just love them.

As for goals this week- simple again...

1. keep the children fed. ;) {I think we should all get to cross that one off our list, don't you?}
2. wash and fold all of the clothes in one day
3. put away all winter clothes {summer and winter laundry together? it's overtaking us...}
4. paint 4 frames
5. stop, look in his eyes, and smile at my husband more {he's been getting the very tired version of me for at least 1.5 weeks now, poor guy... :)}
6. tell each of my children at least one meaningful praise about them each day
7. sew baby blanket


What are you planning for the rest of this week? :)

How many seasonings do you have in your pantry? {And do you need some? I'm sure I have some to spare!!}

Weirdest food combo ever in your house? 
Buffalo sauce and watermelon would be weird- but I think Rob won that award with hot canned mackerel and egg patties. Oh- it was so gross and smelly. Just thinking about it makes me a little sick...

No comments:

Post a Comment