Wednesday, April 17, 2013

today's midwife appointment + I might be scarred for life...

I had an appointment with my midwife this morning, and everything looks great! I'm measuring right on schedule at 25 weeks, and the baby's heartbeat was strong... :D


Even though we only live a couple of minutes away from the midwife, I was still excited to have a reason to get dressed in something besides my workout clothes. ;) {I think I wore exercise clothes to my last appointment, actually... :)}

I got to wear my new-to-me $5 flowy Roxy shirt I picked up at our local huge consignment sale last week. I really like it, and I'm excited to think it might fit me for the next 3+ months! yay! Really, my question is, would it be okay if I wore this shirt every day for the next 3 months straight? No one would notice, right? ;) It's that comfy.

I had good luck at the big consignment sale, and I can't wait to show you more of what I found there tomorrow. I may even have a couple of surprises up my sleeve for the next few Thursdays! :)

But back to the appointment, it's weird, but I almost feel like I should be more nervous about this whole birth thing coming up. I just used to be more worried giving birth in the past. This time, I really haven't thought much about it, and I kind of like it that way. It will just happen, you know? I think it helps that my last birth was awesome, and I know it was only because of the Lord. He was so good to me.

Anyway, when I spotted this book the midwives recommended I read on their shelf this morning, I broke down in my resolve not to read anything birth-related and decided to borrow it:


I was feeling pretty good about it until I got to the car, opened the book and flipped right to the page with a very.... um...graphic... picture of a baby coming out face first. I immediately screamed, slammed the book shut, and curled up into a fetal position in my seat. No, no, no....NO....

That's not what it really looks like, right??? Oh my goodness...poor baby. Poor woman.

I can't believe I used to want to be a midwife...or that I've already given birth four times? How is that even possible?

Oh, wow. 

Just please come out head first, baby boy. Please? For your mama?

Oh man, it's such a good thing I can trust in the Lord to get me through whatever happens. Seriously. Or I might be a bit worried. :)

And books? Who needs books anyway?? ;)


Have you read this book? Should I keep reading it?? I'm not sure I can? ha!

Have you seen the documentary The Business of Being Born? Is it traumatizing too? :P

Do you have a clothing item you'd wear every day if you could?

No comments:

Post a Comment