Monday, July 8, 2013

3 of my favorite places, the last few weeks before baby, and goals for this week


Oh my goodness, I haven't had such a quiet weekend in a long time! I have to admit, it's a little too quiet and clean around here with the kids all gone. ;) I don't know what to do with myself, but strangely enough, we've filled up the time! :)

my favorite version of a "healthy" Outback meal:
the chicken sandwich with the toppings on the side and plain sweet potato :D
I don't eat the cheese or bacon, or much honey mustard. 

Over the last four days we went out on a few dates, we went to IKEA {!!!} and my favorite GW {I have some fun finds to show you!}, and even had a movie day here at home. I was far less productive than I thought I would/should be, but it's probably a good thing considering how much is about to change. We had fun instead of working the whole time. :)

one of my favorite IKEA rooms-
it has a curtain headboard that divides the room into a walk-in-closet

the empty Tahoe on our date :)

ice cream with my brother Josh and sister-in-law Cayse- they are moving 7 hrs. away this month,
and I'm still trying to figure out a sabotage plan like puncturing their U-Haul's tires....
{I might need something a little more long-term though? any ideas?}
On Saturday my friends threw me a diaper shower, and it was gorgeous {and so much fun!}!! I enjoyed every minute of it- so much that I didn't even think about pulling out my phone to take a picture, but I did snag one of all the blessings that were given to me at home!


And my mom ordered this travel pack-n-play/ bassinet for me, so now the baby can come! ;) This is actually the first new baby gear we've gotten for this little one. I was so excited to set it up on Friday:


Which also reminds me, I need to finish up a few things this week to get ready for him- with three weeks left to go, I've got to get moving! :) 

I really want to enjoy these last couple of weeks with the kids, so starting tomorrow I'm bringing back the 12 hour challenge for the weekdays- no internet/computer for 12 hours a day- 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. {I allow myself two 15 minute blog/sm check-ins through the day}. I'm actually scared of how much the computer has become part of my life again- I guess I will find out very soon! 

Here are my goals for this week:
  • no internet/computer for 12 hours from Tuesday- Friday {Saturday and Sunday are usually way less time online anyway}
  • hang curtains in baby room + upstairs
  • assemble baby bed and bedding
  • buy baby mattress
  • clean out closet/drawers of clothes that won't fit me for a while 
  • hang baby decor
  • move/organize baby dresser 
  • hang big picture + 3 smaller ones
  • practice and launch BODYCOMBAT
  • take the kids swimming and to the library
  • sort/organize plastic bin of papers {I needed the plastic container, so the papers are in a stack on the floor- nothing like visual clutter for motivation!}
  • do a surprise outing with the kids
And my meal plan for this week is super easy:

breakfasts:
fruit
cereal
granola bars

lunches:
sandwiches + chips, fruit
quesadillas

dinners: {our oven is repaired! Wohoo!!}
pancakes + eggs
beans and rice {2x}
spaghetti
grilled chicken with corn
pizza for family night
dinner out

What are your plans for this week? :)

Have you ever turned off the internet for the entire day? {it's crazy how hard it is for me!}

Any fun ideas for marinating grilled chicken? 

What's your favorite steakhouse meal to order? Do you go to a steak place and order chicken too? LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment