Tuesday, July 16, 2013

a lazy day at our house {in pics}

We are having a very lazy day at our house today. :) I was so tired this morning, I took a bath first thing and then took a nap at 11:30 {!}. I think the baby must be growing or something! {Please don't get too big, little one!}

Instead of what I had planned, I thought I would share a few pics of what life is looking like today {other than me sitting on the couch, hahah!}:

Rob and the boys assembled this bookcase for me last night... I scored it on a big clearance in store at Target several weeks ago, and I was excited to see it come together as our new "hutch". I had to immediately decorate it with our serving dishes before I went to bed. As I was pulling out dishes and moving chairs around, Rob kept asking me what I was doing and I kept telling him I don't know, I just need to re-organize the house! ;)

i love it with my coral globe and instagram poster


I also finished the last of the living room gallery wall last night too. At some point I'll take a few real pictures to share with you! {Probably after I change it three more times. ;)}

butterfly poster
Tonight we're having spaghetti for dinner, and I started the marinara/meat sauce early and made a lunch out of it too. {yum!}
my dutch oven steal- I use it all the time!
Of course, no matter what I do, this little baby stays on my mind as he changes position all day. I feel entire legs rolling around in there and wonder how he manages to stay put in such a tight space. I think I'm going to miss feeling him move in this big belly, but I keep telling him mama's ready to see him. :) 

I washed all the sheets and towels last night too, and his first outfit, diapers, wipes, and blankets are all ready to go on the bassinet:


Now we're just playing the waiting game. :) We're having friends over for dinner, and I have to teach a weightlifting class tonight, but for now I'm intentionally resting more and enjoying a little bit of nothing which includes browsing the newest PB catalogs:


Do you have lazy days too? I'm trying to learn to listen to my body and chill out before the next big thing happens. :) Who knows how much longer I get to rest like this with just four older kids! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment