Saturday, July 20, 2013

pregnancy update: 38 weeks, baby #5, and the baby poll with prizes!

Oh. my. goodness. The full-term pregnancy switch has flipped on this week- I'm SO ready for this baby to come! :) 

In only a few days, I went from fairly comfortable to uncomfortable, and from patient to really READY to have this baby. I think he must be getting huge these days- he takes up all of my abdomen and sticks straight out. It's a hilarious sight, I tell you! :) I've gotten the most comments and questions this week as to when I'm due or how much longer I have left, {oh, and "girl, you're about to pop!!!"} and I think this is probably why:



I do kind of feel like I'm about to pop. :) I can't believe how extremely ROUND that belly is!

I've still been exercising this week, but even climbing the stairs has suddenly become awkward feeling. He's big and hanging low, with his head on top of my pelvic bone, and his weight feels heavy way down in my lower back. The shape of my belly is so much different than with the girls. Here's a pic of me in labor with #4, and it's hard to tell really, but it didn't seem quite as round even in labor at 38 weeks:


Here are the comparison shots for this pregnancy at 19, 22, 26, 31, 34, 36, 37, and 38 weeks:




I'm hoping the difference between last week and this week just means he changed positions and went higher, and not that he grew that much! Holy moly.

Either way, I guess we'll find out fairly soon! Everything is ready to go- we have all of our supplies and the birthing pool is assembled and ready to go!


At this point last time around, I had a baby in my arms for over 24 hours, so I'm mentally really ready to meet this one. :) But only 1 out of 4 have been more than a day or three early, so.....it could still be a while. {I try not to think about that little fact when I wake up sore every morning! :P}.

We're trying to make the most of each day we have left as a family of 6- we're doing lots of fun activities whenever we can, but when it comes to to-do lists or making real plans for the coming two weeks or months, my brain can't quite focus on anything other than have this baby. :)

Well, except for one thing, that is: from the very beginning of my pregnancy, I've been planning to hold an informal baby poll with prizes! {eee!}

I'm giving away two $15 Target gift cards for the two closest guesses on baby weight {in lbs. and ounces} and date/time {with date, and hours/minutes} of arrival! All you have to do is leave a comment for me with your guesses and hey, if you're the closest to both, you could win both cards! :) 

In the event of a tie, I'll assign the tie-ees {?} an ordered number and pick one of them with a random number selector. I'll announce the winners sometime after the baby's arrival, and will email the winners {please make sure you leave me your email address/contact info in the comment somehow}.

The poll/comments will close on Tuesday, July 23, at 11:59 p.m. CST, or when the baby's arrival is announced if before then. {hopefully? hahah!}

Oh, and here's a reminder so you can make an educated guess: 
My official due date is somewhere around August 1 or 2, and this baby {#5} is a boy {as far as we know!}.

Also a fun hint that might help: my smallest baby was 7 lbs. 8 oz, and my largest one was 9 lbs. 9 ounces. :D

I can't wait to hear your predictions! {oh, please distract me! hehehe!}

No comments:

Post a Comment